Location: Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, India (some travel to program locations)
Terms: Full time (but flexibility around working hours necessary)
Last date to apply: 1st December 2017
The Communications Associate will be required to manage FATs presence across social media, email contact and other promotional and marketing materials. The role will include the effective collection, formation and presentation of a variety of media materials to an excellent standard. They will be responsible for maintaining regular interaction with funders, donors, the public, team members, partners, consultants and program participants.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Collating material from the array of sources and re-presenting the information in an engaging format, through a variety of mediums.
- Maintaining, utilising and expanding communication avenues with our partners, stakeholders, board, participants and the general public.
- Exploring, identifying and recommending possible tactics to increase the organisations visibility and media presence.
- Planning and executing innovative outreach ideas, alongside new potential avenues for fundraising.
- Proactively growing the advocacy channels and interest base of the organisation, including writing and editing for a wide range of audiences, conducting media outreach and organising events.
- Managing all social media networks and regularly strategising and implementing innovative and effective campaigns.
- Compile our regular Newsletter, working with members from all programs and locations to collect and verify relevant and up-to-date material, such as blogs, photos and videos.
- Manage all material and communication through the website, ensuring all new and appropriate information is presented, in an interesting and understandable manner.
- Helping the rest of the team in executing and documenting all programmatic work.
- Contributing to material and strategies for advocacy.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Understanding and active involvement in the women’s movement in India.
- Excellent proficiency of written and spoken Hindi and English. Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft office.
- Good technical aptitude with an interest in learning about new technologies.
- Active and with good knowledge and experience in Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc.
- Exceptional writing skills and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with photographing and film making, as well as the ability to edit.
- Experience in managing a website, online social networking and other media marketing.
- Demonstrated public relations skills.
- Experience in developing marketing plans will be an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, exchanging knowledge and ideas, respecting and helping others to develop.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive, can-do attitude and open mind.
- Knowledge of and connection with FATs mission, vision, values, principles, programs and services.
- Ability to work independently and under self-management, with high energy and a motivation for learning and developing.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with people at all levels of work, as FAT is working towards operating within an increasingly horizontal structure.
- Effective time and workload management and ability to juggle multiple complex priorities at one time.
FAT is an equal opportunity work place, welcoming individuals from different backgrounds, races, abilities, sexual orientation, class and age. FAT encourages diversity, shared knowledge and leadership, aspiring to create a minimum hierarchy organisation where people have the space to be innovative and develop initiative, whilst working together with the larger team.
FAT operates a 360 degrees interview process, with representatives from all levels of the organisation involved. Any decisions regarding the hiring of a new staff member are made by the whole team collectively.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Range 25,000 INR to 30,000 INR gross salary per month. Relocation expenses are not available. Joining: As soon as possible.
Please send a cover letter and CV outlining your skills appropriate to the role, along with three references and two writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2017, mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.