Location: Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, India.
Terms: Full time (but flexibility around working hours and days necessary)
Last date to apply: 1st December 2017
The Finance Manager is responsible for adhering to FATs policies and procedures regarding accounting, budget management, and financial administration to ensure consistent accountability and transparency. The Finance Manager will be required to act or oversee the effective completion of monthly statements and reports, as well as contributing towards improvements in policies, procedures, and practices. Contracts, salaries, expenses and more, of employees, consultants and partners will also need to be monitored and managed.
- Allocation of expenses under specific grants fund.
- Prepare financial statements and reports and ensure that the reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Establish grant budgets and tracking mechanisms in order to maintain compliance with funding conditions
- Tracking program and project budgets and cash flow
- Tracking revenues from all funding sources
- Perform accounting procedures to ensure effective operations of the office in accordance with FAT’s standard practices.
- Finalize advance, reimbursement of expenses and expense statement for institutes / workshops
- Submission of Cash Flow Statement to Program Director/Manager and ED on monthly basis.
- Coordinate with FAT’s Chartered Accountant on matters relating to accounting practices.
- Maintain personnel records of salary payment and tax.
- Produce monthly reporting on the organization’s performance
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Track current financial picture and produce end of year projections;
- Draft and advise on accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in managing the annual external and internal audit
- Preparation of internal and external budgeting and reporting templates
- Ensure effective internal controls.
- Oversee monthly invoicing and monitor accounts receivable.
- Review accounts payable.
- Process payroll.
- Prepare organisation budget and consolidate with program budgets.
- Prepare budgets for donors according to proposal.
- Submission of Expenses and Variance Statement according to approved budgets to Program Team and Executive Director on monthly basis.
Administrative functions and other
- Prepare contract agreement for consultants.
- Liaise with AMC agencies on issues related to electrical, telephone, internet and office equipment to ensure that all bills are paid on time and maintenance contracts are updated.
- Follow up employee’s benefits (Mediclaim and accident insurance policies etc).
- Process all bills, checks, and expense reimbursements.
- Support programs with reports and analysis, as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by Executive Director.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Good understanding of women’s rights issues in India and excellent understanding on rules and regulations related to running NGOs in India needed.
- Experience of financial management, including grants and budget management, preferably within a nonprofit.
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets and financial planning and analysis.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, exchanging knowledge and ideas, respecting and helping others to develop.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive attitude and trustworthiness whilst handling financial data.
- Knowledge of and connection with FATs mission, vision, values, principles, programs and services.
- Ability to work independently and under self-management, with high energy and a motivation for learning and developing.
- Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft office and financial software.
- Effective time and workload management, juggling multiple complex priorities at one time.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with people at all levels of work, as FAT is working towards operating within an increasingly horizontal structure.
FAT is an equal opportunity work place, welcoming individuals from different backgrounds, races, abilities, sexual orientation, class and age. FAT encourages diversity, shared knowledge and leadership, aspiring to create a minimum hierarchy organisation where people have the space to be innovative and develop initiative, whilst working together with the larger team.
The FAT operates a 360 degrees interview process, with representatives from all levels of the organisation involved. Any decisions regarding the hiring of a new staff member are made by the whole team collectively.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Range 60,000 INR to 70,000 INR gross salary per month. Relocation expenses are not available. Joining: As soon as possible.
Please send a cover letter and CV outlining your skills appropriate to the role, along with two references, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2017, mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.