Location: Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, India, but with regular travel around India, mainly our project areas (Pune, Jharkhand, Bihar).
Terms: Full time (but flexibility around working hours necessary)
Last date to apply: 1st December 2017
Through our Young Women’s Leadership Program (YWLP) we aim to build leadership amongst adolescent girls and young women through the innovative use of technology. We work intensively with disadvantaged girls to develop their agency and support them to raise their voices for their rights, while also providing them access to technology, building their technical skills and helping them to connect with opportunities around them. The program has multiple elements and is a multiyear engagement for each participant.
The YWLP Program Manager is responsible for supervising and supporting the teams at your location, collaborating closely with local program supervisors, the program director, partners and the program participants. The Program Manager will be expected to assist with the shaping, monitoring, evaluation, learning and development of the program and the team, including facilitating learning, mentoring, advising, and reporting. The YWLP Program Manager will also play a role in the Core Team of FAT, a central group contributing to ideas, forming and shaping the programs and moving the organisation forward, alongside liaising with the Board Members.
Reporting to: Program Director
Responsible for: All staff in the location that the manager is responsible for and program participants there.
- Manage the program cycle, from development through progression to implementation, of the YWLP program.
- Ensure all program, financial and donor required documentation, is completed and submitted correctly and efficiently, to the highest standard.
- Actively cultivate new advocacy and partnership opportunities, and successfully manage existing ones.
- Support the Program Director and Executive Director to mobilize resources, build and support fundraising opportunities.
- Manage a young, developing team, including facilitating learning and providing informal mentoring support.
- Contribute to the planning and facilitating of program content, such as workshops.
- Implement and manage the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, learning and development of the program.
- Foster ongoing effective, professional relationships with parties such as donors, stakeholders, partner organisations and external consultants.
- Recognise and enable any necessary capacity building.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- Understanding and active commitment to the feminist movement in India.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, exchanging knowledge and ideas, respecting and helping others to develop.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a positive, can-do attitude and open mind.
- Knowledge of and connection with FATs mission, vision, values, principles, programs and services.
- Ability to work independently and under self-management, with high energy and a motivation for learning and developing.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with people at all levels of work, as FAT is working towards operating within an increasingly horizontal structure.
- Effective time and workload management, juggling multiple complex priorities at one time.
- Experience of working within development organisation/s at the program management level.
- A developed understanding of formulating and implementing, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Ability to mentor and facilitate the continual learning of others.
- Familiarity with identifying, planning and implementing necessary capacity building.
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken Hindi and English.
- Outstanding report writing skills, including ability to efficiently collect all key information and excellently present and document this in an understandably fashion.
- Good technical aptitude with an interest in learning about new technologies. Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft office.
- Proven networking skills, to build, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with our partner organisations, external consultants and others.
- Exceptional ability to sustain and progress donor relationships, including efficiency in meeting donor requirements, such as updates and reports.
- An avid interest and demonstrated proactive approach to cultivating advocacy opportunities.
- Extensive understanding of the lifespan of a program, from conception to evaluation, and proven practical application.
- Experience of working in gender and STEM would be advantageous.
FAT is an equal opportunity work place, welcoming individuals from different backgrounds, races, abilities, sexual orientation, class and age. FAT encourages diversity, shared knowledge and leadership, aspiring to create a minimum hierarchy organisation where people have the space to be innovative and develop initiative, whilst working together with the larger team.
The FAT operates a 360 degrees interview process, with representatives from all levels of the organisation involved. Any decisions regarding the hiring of a new staff member are made by the whole team collectively.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Range 60,000 INR to 70,000 INR gross salary per month. Relocation expenses are not available. Joining: As soon as possible.
Please send a cover letter and CV outlining your skills appropriate to the role, along with two references, to email@example.com by 1st December 2017, mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.